Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tonight, I Remember...

Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  It is after 9:00 p.m. and I just lit a candle in memory of my three precious babies in heaven; Chloe, Jesse, and Riyah Mae.  I sit here sipping on a warm cup of coffee as the scent of baked french toast [the candle] permeates the room.  Quiet.  Still.  Silent.  Peace.

I reflect upon the events of the weekend I spent with some special women in my neighbor state; women who had to say goodbye too soon.  Women, young and old, who came together for one specific purpose on this sunny fall morning.  To remember.  And what a gift to share in that with each of them.  

Back home, in the quietness of my home, in the stillness of the night, and in the silence of my thoughts, I remember.  Words are few, to be honest.  They are hard to come by when there are no words to truly express all that I wish to convey.  I could share the hurt and the pain surrounding the losses I've endured over these past 5 1/2 years, but I won't.  Because tonight, I remember...and it is good.  It is good because He is good.  My God who never changes, who holds my heart in His hands, and who has given me a ministry out of my mess.  

Jesus, hug my babies tight tonight.  

***
If you did something special to honor your baby(ies) for National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, please feel free to share in the comments.  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: