Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Words from a Mommy's Heart...

This past Sunday, a special memorial service was held for a precious baby girl named Lulu. While I have not had the privilege of meeting Lulu's mommy face-to-face, the bonds of our grieving hearts have brought us together online. With Kimberlee's permission, this post is dedicated in honor and memory of her daughter Lulu, who went to be with Jesus on October 4th of this year. In an email, Kimberlee explained to me that she wrestled with whether or not to share at the memorial service. However, she felt that God gave her this story for a purpose. Even through such a trial as this, she has seen and felt His unwavering love. This love is a message she could not stuff away. She is a true example faith as she praises Him, even now in the midst of her grief. In her email, she writes the following as she refers to Lulu's life and death...

"...this is what I know deep down. He is awesome, He is faithful, His love cannot be put into words, but that is the closest I can come. And I am so grateful that His love finally surpassed my knowledge."

And now, the words from our fellow "Mommy," which she shared at Lulu's memorial service...

I was raised in the church, so I have always heard about God’s love, “God loves you, Jesus loves you, if you were the only person on earth Jesus still would have died for you.” There have been many ways even throughout the pregnancy that He has shown me He loves me. After we lost lulu, the first scripture the Holy Spirit gave me about His love was Eph 3:17-19 “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses all knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” I love how God works, because in March, when we had gotten lulu’s diagnosis, the first scripture He gave me was the following verses in Eph 3:20-21!


So a couple weeks ago I was hit with sadness, feeling sad that lulu had not been healed, longing to have my baby here with us. Reminding myself God loves me, I read 1 John 3:1 that says “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” The word “children” got my attention and I thought about my own love for my children, living and dead. And then I thought how I am a child of God, He loves me so much He calls me child. What a beautiful word! What a loving Father! What an honor to be His child! It took losing lulu to really get His love for me, how deep and wide and long and high His love for me feels. What should have taken becoming a parent to get, took losing a child. Only God knew what it would take to get through to me and I am so grateful for His love!


Naturally, I still long for lulu. It makes me think of how God must long for His children that have not chosen Him. Rom 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” God’s plan to have all His children be able to spend eternity with Him included that His perfect only Son, Jesus, was sacrificed for all our sins. He has already chosen us! We just have to choose Him. What a loss, what a sacrifice, but what a greater gain for us all. We love you God because you first loved us.


***


If you have any words of encouragement for Kimberlee or would like to share how this post blessed you, please leave them in the comments below. I am sure she will cherish knowing how precious Lulu's story has blessed you today.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Kimberlee..very well written and a beautiful reminder - Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story about Lulu and your heart. May God wrap his loving arms around you, offering you comfort, peace and HOPE.