Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Personal Prayer...

Good morning, ladies. After having a few days to reflect on and process the time I was blessed with at She Speaks, I have realized the need for revival, particularly in my prayer life. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I had the most precious time with the Lord through my prayer time at She Speaks. I have always prayed. Daily, in fact...often many times in a day. It wasn't the amount of prayer that needed revival, but the kind of prayer. Rather than rattling off my list of petitions to the Lord, my prayers of late have been rich with emotion, brimming with thankfulness, and overflowing with love. It has been an overwhelmingly awesome experience, only made possible by the grace of God.

Hebrews 4:16 says,
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help is in our time of need."


I want to share a brief prayer with you that I wrote down on Sunday, the last morning of the conference, during our worship time. I hope that it will be an encouragement to you, as I'm sure that many of you can relate to this prayer...

"I need healing, Lord! Thank you for showing me this, God. I will follow You. I will trust You to heal me. I believe in You, Lord. You know my hurts and You, and only You, can mend my broken heart. I miss my babies, but I entrust them to You. Hold them, Lord. Hold me. Amen."

My guess is some of you could pray this very simple prayer above and it would be fitting to where you are at in light of your loss. Others of you may have a different prayer. Some of us may not know at all what our prayer would look like, but we can trust that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us "with groans that words cannot express" (Romans 8:26).

It would be my honor and privilege to pray for you. If you have a prayer request, please leave it in the comments section below. Do not feel as though you have to leave your name, and note that you can check "anonymous" when you post your comment if you would like.

No comments: