Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Something Beautiful

The last post focused on the ugliness of grief, concluding with the beautiful truth from Scripture that Jesus is coming soon! (Revelation 22:7, 12, & 20) Today, I want to us to gear our minds toward what is beautiful, even in the midst of our grief. I have had the amazing privilege of bearing witness to some beautiful blessings through my losses and will attempt to provide a recap of them here. I know I will not be able to include everything, which is a blessing in and of itself, but I will highlight a few of the most beautiful and precious things I have seen and learned, starting with the loss of Chloe in May of 2006, and through our losses both this summer and more recently. I challenge you, as you reflect upon your own loss(es), to seek and find that which is beautiful, even in the midst of your grief.

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Philippians 4:8

Our precious Chloe Marie (May 11, 2006)

The experience of her diagnosis brought me back to the Lord, seeking Him with all my heart for answers in my brokenness. He was faithful to reveal Himself to me and to comfort me.

Four months after she died, Justin came to know Christ and surrendered His life to Him on September 10, 2006! We had been attending a different church where we were boldly hearing the gospel for the very first time.

Chloe's diagnosis and death provided an opportunity for a godly woman, now my best friend, to minister to my heart, come alongside me, and help me to love God and others more deeply.

Chloe brought other women to me, who have "been there." Her life and the life of another precious baby, Andrew Lindsay, are the basis for which God has formed Mommies with Hope.

My mom and I become closer than ever.

God made clear His calling for my life through my experience with Chloe.

I have been able to share Chloe's life with many people over the years (through teaching, ministry, speaking, writing, etc.)...all in the name of Christ!



Our sweet baby (July 30, 2009)

I experienced this loss while at the Proverbs 31 She Speaks conference, where I was surrounded by Sisters in Christ who prayed for me, loved me, and lifted me up.

God revealed to me some powerful truths through this loss and has given me grace to be able to minister to other women who have experienced early miscarriage.

God reminded me, that even in trials, He loves me and He loves this precious baby who now resides with Him in heaven.



Our sweet baby (November 5, 2009)

Gabe's quick and confident response that our baby "is in heaven."

Two out of three nights right after the loss, I woke up to find my husband sitting straight up in bed, reading his Bible.

We experienced an overwheling outpouring of love and have been amazed at the sight of the body of Christ in action through providing meals, cards, prayers, etc.

Emails and conversations with family and friends who have been prompted to seek God more and more through coming alongside me in my grief.

God drawing me closer and closer to Him, giving me a longing and passion for His Word like never before, and the strength to persevere, hope, and press on.

Most precious and beautiful thing of all is the thought that I have children in heaven where their joy is complete and they are worshiping my Jesus, face to face, whom I long to see.

In the midst of pain, there is beauty, if only you would seek it. I pray that you, in your loss, would use this list as an example, realizing that you too have blessings and beauty to unwrap and treasure. The most precious treasure of all is the love of God the Father, lavished upon us and demonstrated through His willingness to give His only Son, Jesus, up to death on a cross. Do you know Him? Unwrap the beatiful gift of heaven by welcoming Jesus as Lord and Savior into your heart. There is not one thing in this world that is more beautiful than knowing Him.

"...The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,"that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
Romans 10:8-10


No comments: