Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Weary with Sorrow

"My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word." Psalm 119:28

If you are like me, you must have those times when the grief is so raw, so intense, so painful that you don't know where you will get the strength keep moving. It's like everyone and everything else is "moving on" around you, and you are expected to do the same. Oh I remember how hurt I was the first time that I experienced this feeling. It was like no one even remembered Chloe anymore and everyone else was too preoccupied and busy with their own lives to even think about how I might be feeling. I was wallowing in my own grief, feeling sorry for myself, and oh so weary with sorrow.

When these times hit...because they do, and if they haven't yet...sorry mommies, but they will...who or what can you turn to for strength to keep moving. Please note, I didn't say "moving on", but we must keep moving. Where do you find strength and who can help pick you up when you're down?

According to the verse given above, God's Word can give you strength when your soul is weary with sorry! Isn't it an awesome privilege to be able to open up the Word of God and hear directly from Him! If you don't have a bible, you can hop right onto the internet and His Word is right at your fingertips. A couple of great websites that I like to go to when I don't have my bible handy, but am sitting at the computer are:

www.biblegateway.com
www.blueletterbible.com
www.proverbs31.org (They have some awesome daily devotions!)

Not only can His Word give you strength, ladies, but His Word can provide you with the comfort you may be needing by offering truths such as these...

Jesus says, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)

I can do everything in Christ who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)

Jesus says, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you." (John 14:1-2)

These are the truths in His Word that brings us strength! Jesus wants us to come to Him! We can be filled with joy and peace that overflows by placing our trust in Christ. In Christ, we can do all things! And finally - Jesus urges us to Trust in Him and His Father...He has already gone to prepare a place for us...a place where our precious children await! In that heavenly home, we know from God's Word, that... "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Revelation 21:4)

No comments: