Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Friday, March 20, 2009

She Speaks! ...and her story will bring Him glory!

We all have a story. For most of us who frequent this blog, our story, unfortunately has been wrought with the immense heartache and pain caused by the loss of our children. It comes to define who you are. Others don't necessarily understand, unless of course they've "been there," which I pray they never have or will. Still, we long for understanding, compassion, care, and empathy. We need each other, but more importantly, we need Jesus! I am comforted by the verses in Lamentations when we are reminded...

"Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. "
Lamentations 3:32 (NIV)

Since Chloe's death nearly three years ago, just 45 minutes after her birth, the Lord has made it so abundantly clear to me that he is SOVEREIGN! He reigns supreme. He is Creator, Comforter, Healer, and Redeemer. I'm so thankful He has given me a story to tell and that His Spirit has led me to use my story for His glory.

In the midst of my loss, it was hard to see what the Lord was up to. I can look back now and see that this refining fire would only serve to draw me closer to Jesus, bring my husband to a godly sorrow and repentance in coming to know Christ as Lord (Amen!), and lead me to a calling I would have never imagined. After much prayer, many questions, and tremendous doubt, the Lord has affirmed His calling on my life...to use my story for His glory. I have come to learn that the suffering I've endured through Chloe's loss had a very specific purpose and reason. His Word comforts me and assures me of this. Psalm 139:16 (NIV) says,

"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Not only is this true for me, and each one of you, but it is also true for my sweet Chloe! So it was not a mistake, not an accident, and not some "random fluke occurrence" like the doctors said. It was how God chose to create her and He had a purpose for her life. Someone once told me, and I can't help but agree, that "Chloe touched more people's lives in 45 minutes than most people will in 45 years." Imagine. One so small, her life so brief, her impact mighty.

Humbly obedient to the call on my life to use my story of her life for His glory, I write this post to let each of you know of an amazing opportunity I am so fortunately able to take advantage of this coming summer. From July 31st (my 5 year wedding anniversary!) through August 2nd, I will be attending the Proverbs 31 She Speaks Conference! While I am already registered to attend, I want to encourage each of you to reflect on whether He might be tugging on your heart to share your story for His glory! We all have a story to tell, fashioned by our wonderful God, who knew and planned every single detail for His glory and our good. Lysa Terkeurst of Proverbs 31 Ministries has so graciously provided an opportunity for one special woman (and it could be you!) to attend the conference by providing a scholarship covering the registration cost, including hotel and meals! So if you have a blog, sense the Lord calling you to speak or write for Him, take advantage of this amazing contest or register today for the conference and meet me in North Carolina! Pray about this opportunity and be obedient to the answer He reveals!

Looking back over the past three years, it's amazing to think about the sin God brought me out of, the storm He brought me through, and the harves
t field He will bring me to next. Thus, I have placed myself in full surrender to His will, so many times praying these very words, "Speak Lord, your servant is listening!" from 1 Samuel 3:10 (NIV). I can genuinely say, and it is only by His grace, that my heart echos the apostle Paul when he declares...

"Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel."
Philippians 1:12 (NIV)

So I will speak!
and this story....
my story, Chl
oe's story, HIS story...
will bring HIM glory!


"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
Romans 10:15 (NIV)

1 comment:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I love your comment about the harvest God will bring to you after submitting and obeying. What a beautiful story.

Have a blessed day!