Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Our Hope

I've been doing a lot of praying, thinking, and reading about "hope" as I prepare for an upcoming event where I have the privilege of meeting with a women's ministry to share testimony, my story about Chloe, and God's work through all of this. The Holy Spirit kept leading me back to "hope" and what this biblical promise really is.

As a "Mommy with Hope", I anticipate that day when I'll be reuinted with Chloe in heaven. I think it's probably pretty safe to assume that we all look forward to that day of seeing our child(ren) again! I don't mean for this to sound cliche or as though I'm minimizing the absolute grief that we experience through the loss of a child, but I do think there is something far better to look forward to. The apostle Paul, in Romans 8:28 says, "I consider our present sufferings are not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in us."

This biblical hope that we proclaim as Mommies with Hope is a promise from God to us. He sent His Son, Jesus, to pay the penalty for our sins! Romans 5:8 says "yet while we were still sinners, Christ died for us"...praise the Lord for that!

Considering this biblical truth, I implore you to trust Christ for the salvation of your soul for the very first time, or if you have already given your life to the Lord, it is my prayer that you would constantly be in surrender to His will for your life!

"We who have run for our very lives to God have every reason to grab the promised hope with both hands and never let go. It's an unbreakable spiritual lifeline, reaching past all appearances right to the very presence of God where Jesus, running on ahead of us, has taken up his permanent post as high priest for us..." Hebrews 6:18-20 (The Message)

Let Jesus be the anchor for your soul! I'm so thankful that God drew me in to accept Jesus!

No comments: