Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Because of the Cross


Take a moment to visualize a cross. We see them all the time. Some of us, maybe even daily. We know the symbolism. We have an idea about what it represents. We know that Jesus died on a cross. Today, we remember his death on the cross. Some of us may just be going about our regular routine, thinking "Oh yeah - it's Good Friday....Jesus died on the cross today." In fact, I caught myself in this thought pattern, so flippantly remembering that Jesus died on the cross. I went about my day, as usual, doing the regular mom and wife things I do on a Friday afternoon. Did some birthday gift shopping, ran some errands, and even had the special treat of meeting my husband for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Then, as we prayed before our meal, I called to mind the Cross. Thanked Jesus for what He had done, thanked him for our food, for providing, said Amen, and dug in. Again, so flippantly remembering His sacrifice. It is my prayer for each of you, and for myself, that we remember the Cross of Christ with a heart that is bursting at the seams with thankfulness! With a humility so overwhelming it brings tears to our eyes! With a love so great, there are not words to describe. It is my prayer, that I not lose sight of what the Cross really means for me and for my daughter, Chloe, who because of the Cross is able to live in the presence of God in heaven for eternity!

"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!" Psalm 84:1


God is merciful, and because of His mercy, He welcomed Chloe in to His dwelling place when she died shortly after her birth in May of 2006. This could only happen, however, because of the Cross! Can you imagine? Think about this, ladies...we know all too well the absolute heart-wrenching pain of losing a child. But God, who is so rich in mercy,
willingly gave His one and only Son, Jesus, to die in our place. To pay the penalty for our sins. To be our righteousness. To make a way for us to Him. WOW!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him would not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

I implore you...if you do not know Christ as your Savior, cling to this verse above! Believe and be welcomed in to eternity. If you do know Christ, remember the significance of the Cross today, tomorrow, and every tomorrow after that. Let your life be a thank you for what He has done.

In my own reflection of Jesus' death on the Cross, I am able to go through a whole list of truths and possibilities, only possible because I have believed in what the cross represents, placed my life in God's hands, and recognized my need to cling to Christ and His finished work on the cross as my Savior. I will share some of my thoughts with you below. Please comment and add to this list some of your own thoughts!

Because of the Cross...

My sins are forgiven
Chloe is in heaven (with all the other babies who died too soon!)

I will see Chloe again
I am free
I know what real love is

I have full assurance of faith

I can share the gospel

I can have a personal relationship with God and His Son, Jesus!

The Holy Spirit lives in me



No comments: