Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Perspectives on Peace???

One of my all time favorite verses in Scripture is Isaiah 26:3, which states:

"You keep his heart in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because He trusts in You."

It's a verse I have to go to repeatedly as the craziness of my world and my circumstances are seemingly always spinning in a million different directions. Sometimes I verbalize it out loud as a call out to God in prayer, petitioning for a piece of His peace. Other times, I quietly whisper "perfect peace, perfect peace, perfect peace" in a desperate distress as I refocus my mind on Him, the One true peace-giver.

In the aftermath of loss, peace may seem like an unattainable goal, far off in the distance. Wounds are fresh and the pain is real. Grief is raw as it roars its ugly head. Peace is what we know our babies are experiencing in His presence, but those of us who are left here to grieve may feel nothing but turmoil.

Experiencing the peace of God is a tremendous blessing in the midst of pain. I have found myself praying for peace a lot lately. Peace for my family in the busyness of life. Peace in my heart about sacrifices and priorities, as I try (and fail miserably) to strike a balance in family, work, and ministry. Peace for the many women who I encounter every week whose babies have entered into eternal peace with God.

I have decided to add a chapter to my book on the topic of peace. And by the way - if you didn't know, I'm working on a book, which you can read about here. The chapter focuses on the promise of His peace in our lives in the shadow of pregnancy or infant loss...

So, I would be curious to hear from you about how you've experienced God's peace in the midst of your grief? Do you have any stories or examples to share? Please post them in the comments or shoot me an email!

Peace and Blessings!
Teske

No comments: