Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lifting up our fellow Mommy

My heart is heavy this weekend with news of a fellow Mommy's loss. You may have been following the story of precious Benaiah. His mommy has graciously shared her journey with so many throughout her pregnancy. In a nutshell, she found out halfway through her pregnancy that her sweet boy would not live long after birth. She and her husband decided to continue their pregnancy with Benaiah and to cherish every moment of their son's life. Though I have admittedly only met this fellow Mommy in person once, her faith and Benaiah's life touched my heart in the most tender way. I felt an instant connection with her, given my own experience with a similar situation with Chloe.

On Friday night, Benaiah entered this world. He lived for 12 hours before Jesus brought him home. His mommy has shared her story of his birth and death on her blog. You are sure to be inspired by her faith and her reliance on God through such a trial. Let us lift our fellow Mommy up in prayer today and in the days to come. Let us who have "been there" come alongside and comfort her in a way only made possible because of how we ourselves have been comforted by God, our Father. Please leave comments below for our fellow Mommy and we will be sure she gets any messages you would like to share.

In a time such as this, I call to mind several verses from Psalm 71...

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again." (Psalm 71: 19-21)

We can trust that God will restore, renew, and refresh your spirit, sweet friend. We love you and we are lifting you up to Him in prayer. We praise God for Benaiah's life! He is absolutely beautiful, precious, and loved by so many. I can only marvel about how God will continue to use him. Benaiah is a treasured gift to so many and his life, though brief, will leave a legacy you could never imagine. Bless you, sweet Mommy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pray that you will feel God's arms wrapped around you in the days until you meet your precious baby again. Your faith is a comfort to us all. May God Bless you,
Emily Schwickerath