Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Counting Down...11 Days

If you missed yesterday's post, click here. We are doing a 12 Days of Christmas Countdown to the tune of an old familiar carol. Each day, we are acknowledging the "gifts" that our babies have left behind. For each comment that is left throughout the countdown, your name will be entered into a drawing to win a special gift!

So, with 11 days left I joyfully sing...

On the second day of Christmas, my baby left for me...

Two tiny foot prints

And a super snuggly, striped blankie!


Two tiny foot prints...
These tiny feet you see here are Chloe's. She was born at 32 weeks along and weighed 3 lbs, 6 oz. She had her mommy's toes. Looking at them puts it into perspective for me over and over again. How precious life is. The miracle of God's creation. We are fortunate to have these prints on paper, but more importantly, these tiny feet have left an imprint on our hearts. We are so thankful.



Don't forget to leave your "gift" in the comments below!

7 comments:

java diva said...

aww, Teske, you took "mine!" ;) kidding two foot prints would be the most common, I'd assume. <3

On the 2nd day my baby left me two perfect foot prints and one hand print in a casting.

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

Let's try again...I couldn't edit my last comment.

Two tiny hand prints and two tiny footprints. The hospital was so wonderful to us and took footprints, hand prints and even photos. Those prints are so precious, because I remember holding a tiny, 6 oz baby and marveling at how perfect everything was. I remember counting fingers and toes...and there were 1o of each. Amazing. I commented to our pastor when he came to visit that Jonah was perfect...just born too soon and everything was just too small. Sometimes it's hard to comprehend how something so small can leave such a big empty place in your heart and soul when it's not here.

Mattie said...

I'm kind of new to following this blog. I have two babies in Heaven. Shyla Joy was stillborn 9.2.09 and her brother Jakin joined her on 11.24.10.

They left me...

a heart longing for Heaven and some really beautiful memories.

Traci said...

On the 11 day of Christmas, my babies leave behind ...
2 empty stockings that Santa will never get to fill.
I didn't realize how hard the holidays would be ... all I want for Christmas is Austin and Alex back ...

Teske said...

The "gifts" you all are sharing are a treasure to me and I know they are a blessing to others! Thanks for sharing such a precious piece of your heart. It is an honor to pray for each one of you ladies this Christmas, and to remember each of your precious babies!

Lorri said...

My second baby (another early miscarriage) gave to me the gift of realizing that I wasn't as in control of my life as I thought.