Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Friday, December 11, 2009

To Bless Your Heart...

Today, I was so utterly blessed by a blog post I read by Lysa Terkeurst. Lysa is a well-known speaker and President of Proverbs 31 Ministries. Years ago, she experienced the loss of her baby sister, Haley. Today, she wrote a post, titled Caskets Should Never Be Made Child-Sized.

You can imagine my reaction when reading the title. Immediately, I was intrigued because I am quite certain that I have made this statement, or at least thought this thought, a time or two. Right away, my mind went into rewind and I could see Justin and I standing in the funeral home in front of a round table which displayed several "child-sized" caskets. We had gone to prearrange Chloe's funeral while I was still pregnant, knowing that her time with us on earth would be limited. We did not want to have to make those decisions after her death and looking back, can honestly say we were blessed to be able to plan such details in advance. As we approached the room that the funeral home staff had so beautifully arranged for us, specifically, to view these tiny caskets for our precious Chloe, tears began to well up in my eyes. I looked at Justin and muttered these words: "It's not fair! We should be picking out a baby crib, not a casket!" He just held me and we cried. After some time, we made our selection...a pink and white marbleized exterior, which just one short week later, held Chloe's tiny body and an array of stuffed animals, dollies, a baby bible, and other precious mementos.

I encourage each of you to visit Lysa's blog and read her post today. I pray that your heart will be tremendously blessed by her words, as mine was.

No comments: