Welcome to Mommies with Hope

Come and find solace as you get to know us who share in this journey of grief. We have been praying for you and extend our deepest and sincere sympathy. We “hope” you experience comfort and peace in this safe haven of love and support.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

God's Will, Not My Own

Praise God for the hope he has provided for each of us through His Son, Jesus Christ. Some of you may wonder how can we possibly be praising God during a time of such grief and heartache, still trying to comprehend the loss of our innocent child. Others of you may have wrestled with this very thought for some time and have come to find meaning through your loss. Wherever you are at, one thing is for certain: God is in control. With this truth in mind, we begin to see that it is necessary to surrender our own wills to the will of God for our lives.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

This is a promise of God; seek Him out and trust Him to lead you in the path He has prepared for you. He will listen to you and hear your cry. Call out to Him in prayer and ask Him to provide you with the comfort and strength you need to get through each day.

Psalm 143:10
"Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
on a firm footing."

The psalmist gives us an exmple of how we ought to approach God as we surrender our will to Him. Pray over this verse above in the days and weeks ahead and discover the amazing ways in which God will use your precious child's life to bless you and others.

No comments: